Sunday 28 February 2016

Cancer Crusaders High Tea

I scheduled a blog about this for Fri but it appears to have gone to Cyberspace!

On the way back from the Dressmakers Costume Exhibition, we stopped off at friends' home in Sanctuary Lake. They were holding a High Tea for fifty people as a fundraiser for the Royal Childrens Hospital. Money raised was to fund a research trial into brain cancer in children. They hold this function twice year at their home. The menu included the following yummy food:
Savoury - Chicken Royale Sandwiches, Buckingham Palace Cucumber sandwiches, Bruschetta, Spanakopita.
Sweet - Scones with raspberry jam and cream, Mango mousse, Jelly slice, Lamington butterflies, Vanilla Cannoli, Mini red velvet cup cakes, Mini pavlova and melon skewers.
Cost $35 and a glass of bubbly is $5
I am aiming to get together a table of ten for their Christmas in Jul High Tea on Sunday 24th July at 2pm. Let me know if you are interested.

China donated by people or picked up at Op shops

Jelly slice


Mini red velvet cup cakes

3 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy. Good luck with getting a group together. I'm sure you'll make it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like lots of fun. I'd love to come to the next fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to dig different mugs on garage sales.. Porcelain is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by I appreciate your comments